International Projects, Teams, Leadership and Communication
Description and Target audience
This is a four-day workshop (2+4) designed for individuals who work on projects and in multicultural teams.
It is focused on how to form new teams or develop better communication between members of established teams.
It is a workshop to map variations, bridge differences and integrate individuals.
It is for personnel who:
- Want to develop deeper understanding of international teams, their colleagues working styles and cultural drivers.
- Want to optimise working relationships and ensure successful outcomes in their international team.
Benefits and Goals
At the end of the workshop, the participants will:
- Be able to manage different relationships, expectations of leaders and teams
- Lead and influence multicultural teams more effectively
- Have deeper knowledge and broader understanding of the critical role culture plays in international teams and cross-border communication
- Have stronger practical application of intercultural communication skills
- Appreciate and harness potential of cultural diversity in the team
- Develop new frameworks and strategies for optimising leadership, performance and results from participant led cases
- Create personal plans to develop; international leadership, interpersonal skills and intercultural competence
Content and Methodology
Part 1 (2 Days):
- Understand cultural variations (national, personal and corporate)
- Identify the drivers that influence personal attitude and behaviour
- Personal profiling and networking: how these influence style of management, leadership and motivation in groups and teams
- Conflict, bridges and managing challenges across borders
- Maximise communication and language in multicultural teams (communication styles, intention and interpretation, listening, etc.)
- Social and emotional intelligence, building relationships and establishing rapport (mentoring, coaching and feedback)
Part 2 (2 Days):
- Leading and working in international teams
- Defining team goals, roles and get commitment
- Understanding and handling variations in concepts such as; risk-taking, talent, participant decision-making, leadership, hierarchies, organising tasks and relationships, mentor-mentee, etc.
- Communication II, perceptions, strategies and skills
- Cases: for using tools, develop mentoring, coaching and feedback strategies
- Developing personal plans and committing to a Team Charter
Training is based on awareness-analysis-practice-apply-transfer-reflect rationale.
This course is highly interactive, practical and based on real experiences. Furthermore, the workshop will deal with specific objectives, questions and issues raised by the group.
Start Level, Length and Participants
Participants should already have a reasonable working knowledge of English – B1/B2 on the European Council Reference Grid.
Length: 2 + 2 Days
Participants: 5 – 14
Where can the course be held?
Courses can be held in Bath Spa and vicinity, or in any location you choose.
If you do choose to have your course/workshop in the scenic Roman city of Bath, you can choose between staying with a host family, in a guest house or hotel.