Human Resources – International Management
Description and Target Audience
This workshop is for people working with Human Resources.
The course has a dual focus:
- Firstly, it explores and expands the HR skills used to deal with and manage people.
- Secondly, it develops English language skills, intercultural and personal communication competence and fluency to discuss HR issues in and across companies, organisations and cultures.
Benefits and Goals
Professional and personal benefits:
- Optimise professional contacts across cultures
- Clarification and comparison of HR strategies, styles and expertise
- Time to reflect, develop fresh ideas and explore current issues
- Broaden and deepen professional skills while exploring HR topics
Language and communication benefits.
Develop skills to be able to:
- Participate confidently in international discussions, meetings and negotiations
- Deliver persuasive presentations and proposals to colleagues and partners
- Discuss key HR issues (focused on the participants interests; e.g. managing intercultural teams, training and development, learning organisations, competence assessment, international recruitment, executive career development, talent management, profiles and personal reviews, adding HR value and so on.
Start level, length and participants
Participants should already have a good working knowledge of English – B1/B2 on the European Council Reference Grid.
Length: 3 + 2 Days
Participants: Max 12
Who is it for?
- HR specialists who wish to develop their HR competence to lead and work in international teams.
- HR specialists with international exposure in current or future positions.
- Managers who wish to develop their HR knowledge, improve communication skills and management competence in English.
Material and Methodology
The workshop is both intensive and highly flexible. It closely follows the specific needs of the participants and incorporates a cross-functional focus. Training is based on an Awareness-Analysis-Practice-Application-Transfer-Review-Reflection principle.
- Company and participant focused specific material
- Commercially available material as training support
- Each participant will receive a course training file, vocabulary lists, CDs, feedback and personal development plan after training.
The main training modules include:
- Core language and communication issues
- Multicultural awareness
- Professional skills
- HR specific topics (choice of topics)
Where can the course be held?
Courses can be held in Bath Spa and vicinity, or in any location you choose.
If you do choose to have your course/workshop in the scenic Roman city of Bath, you can choose between staying with a host family, in a guest house or hotel.